William Arnold Rose and Family





Comments

Mammabear said…
Thank you for the pictures of William Rose and Agnes Rose. It adds a lot to the history that I have found about him and his family. The history can be found at https://sites.google.com/site/bairrobertson/robertson-family/bramhall-family/william-arnold-rose-1839
Mammabear said…
I have found wonderful histories of William and Agnes Rose in Family Search Stories to add to the photos you have.
Dave said…
Mammabear, I amd David DaLynn Brooks, I am the 2nd great Grandson of William Arnold Rose, his daughter Rozina Rose married my Great Grand Father William Fredrick Brooks. For the past several years I have been keeping up the head stone and resting place of Agnas Ann Calahan in Diamond she is my 2nd great grandmother. I would like to exchange information with you. I live in Salem,Utah thanks David.brook73@hotmail.com 801-376-3125
Dave said…
I have a very interesting story to go along with the one posted by Mark Whiting. I was looking for the town of Diamond and for the grave of Agnes Ann Callahan Rose. I had a good friend that I was teaching with at Spanish Fork High School in Utah. Lee Ryan was his name, he was born and raised in Eureka, Utah. He told me that he could take me to the old Pioneer Cemetery in Diamond. As we traveled out to Diamond, it was snowing very heavily. When we arrived in Diamond there was about 2 feet of snow covering the ground. None of the graves were visible, all were covered with snow. I noticed one grave with a little fence around a grave, this area had grave inside the caged area. The snow had blown off the grave head stone and the stone was very easy to see. It read Agnes Callahan Rose. I was ecstatic to find the grave, especially when all the other graves were covered in 2 feet of snow. To this day, I believe I was lead to find my 2nd Great Grandmother's grave site. I also believe it was Agnes herself that had something to do with me finding the grave. Every time I go out to the site, I have a very good feeling, that this is what I should be doing. I makes me very happy to be serving my ancestors. In a pervious post, I made a statement that I'm the one taking care of the grave. I go out several times a year to check and ensure it has not been vandalized (this happened once before, Dean Rose a grandson put everything back together and put the headstone in concrete and built the cage around it.) About 25-30 years ago I noticed the grave was in need of some loving care. I found out that Dean Rose had passed away. I took it upon myself to take care of the grave site, and continue to do so now. Since that time some one has added two head stone to the area. one for each child of Agnes that died in infancy. I am very appreciative to whoever did this great act of love.
Dave said…
One last comment, I left a not out at the grave site for anyone who would like to make contact with me about the Rose Family to get in contact with me. I left my email address and phone number. Not to long after wards I received an email from the family of Ida Ann, the young Indian baby found by William Arnold Rose. They very appreciative of William Arnold Rose and his family.

Popular Posts